Moist Chocolate Cake
Yeilds 3 - 24 ozs. - 1/2 sheets
- Using the hot water, dissolve the cocoa powder. Boil till 200° f / 94° c. Cool this mixture down and it will thicken naturally.
- Sieve together twice, the flour, granulated sugar, salt, and the baking soda.
- Combine the butter milk, vegetable oil, vanilla and the eggs in a mixing bowl. Whip at high speed for 10 minute.
- Add in the dry sifted ingredients in three parts and alternate adding the cocoa mixture slowly while the mixing continues to mix. Scrape down the bowl during this mixing process.
- When the mixing is completed, cover the bowl with a plastic sheet and set aside for an hour.
- Divide the cake batter into 3 equal 20 ozs. Parts (on each of the 3 - 1/2 sheet trays) and bake 360°f degree, for 18 minutes.
Simple Syrup: Trablit and Crème de Napoleon
- in a sauce pot, make the "simple syrup" with the water, granulated sugar, and the glucose.
- Cool this mixture before adding the trablit,créme de napoleon, and water.
- Sieve througn a chinoise and pour into the "syrup spray" bottle.
Praline Royaltine Claro de Luna
- Combine the milk chocolate and the butter in a mixing bowl.
- Melt to a liquid state.
- Add to the praline paste and blend together.
- Add in the other ingredients and mix with the paddle attachment at slow speed.
- Place this mixture onto a prepared flat sheet pan.
- Level out an even thickness throughout the sheet, then freeze immediately. The product can be handled as a solid piece.
- Turn over sheet and coat the bottom with a thin layer of the "pate a glacier brune" onto the surface. Allow to solidify before turning right side up onto another prepared sheet tray.
- Spread evenly the perla ganache onto this surface.
Perla 64% and Arauca 70% Ganache
- Heat the heavy cream to a boil.
- Pour the cream over the combined chocolates in a mixing bowl. Allow to melt for at least 10 minutes.
- Blend this mixture (immersion blender) to a smooth ganache.
- Add in the trimoline (inverted sugar).
Creamy Chocolate Frosting
- Whip the butter and the powdered sugar till creamy
- Add in the untempered chocolate and the vanilla extract
- Blend well
- Scrape down the bowl
- Continue the mixing and blend in the sour cream or mascarpone cheese