- Place the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk at high sped for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Combine and sift the almond flour, confectionary sugar, and the all purpose flour together. Add this mixture to the whisked eggs.
- Melt the butter, add in the pistachio paste and the green food color. Blend together till the paste has softened in a smooth texture. Add this mixture to the batter.
- Whisk to a firm peak meringue with the egg whites and the sugar.
- Fold in meringue to the batter in 3 equal stages, blending it well.
- Place 18 ounces onto each of the 3 half sheet pans. Spread evenly with an offset spatula throughout the sheet trays.
- Bake at 425° f., 8 to 10 minutes. Place a dampened wet parchment paper onto the surface of the pistachio joconde. This will remove the surface layer.
Simple Syrup And Marsala Wine Mixture
- Combine and blend together. Place into a syrup bottle.
- Set aside to sprinkle over each layer of pistachio joconde sheet.
Noche 40% Milk Chocolate Cream
- Combine the milk, heavy cream, granulated sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla bean in a sauce pot. Make a "cream anglaise". Add the tempered gelatin sheets and blend well. Pour mixture through a chinoise, onto the milk chocolate.
- Place the mixture over an ice bath to congeal. At a chilled stage, pour directly into a rectangular frame, lined with a pistachio joconde. Spread the milk chocolate cream evenly. Place the second pistachio jaconde sheet over the surface of the milk chocolate cream. Freeze immediately.
Zabayon Or Zabaglione Mousse
- Place the egg yolks, granulated sugar, ground cinnamon, riesling wine, and marsala wine into a mixing bowl. Place over a double boiler with medium heat, and whisk continuously for at least 8 to 10 minutes or triple the volume. Add the tempered and melted gelatin sheets. Place this mixture onto a mixer and whisk till room temperature.
- Fold in the mixed candied fruits, distributed evenly within the zabayon. Fold in the whipped cream into 3 equal stages. Once blended, pour this mousse into the pastry frame. Using the spatula, level the mousse layer evenly. Set the third layer of the pistachio joconde onto the zabayon surface.
- Place the milk, vanilla bean, and half of sugar into a small sauce pot. Slowly bring to a boil to infuse and extract the vanilla flavor.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the other half of the granulated sugar and the egg yolks. Blend well, before slowly incorporating the hot milk and vanilla mixture to produce a "cream anglaise". Add in the gelatin sheet to dissolve.
- Place onto an ice bath. Stir until the mixture is slightly chilled and congealed. Fold in the whipped cream in 2 or 3 equal stages.
Arauca 70% Chocolate Glaze
- Place the water, granulated sugar, and glucose into a sauce pot. Bring to a boil.
add in the condensed milk, continue to boil, before adding in the tempered gelatin sheet.
pour this mixture over the couverture. Allow to melt naturally before blending well.
- Set aside, using this glaze at 105° f/40° c. Over the frozen surface.
Cocoa Nib Tuiles
- Combine the sugar and the pectin. Add in the cocoa powder. In a sauce pot, combine the glucose, butter, and water, and then cook until boil. Add in the mixed dry ingredients. Add in the couverture and cocoa nibs. Blend well and place the mixture into container.
- Spread a thin layer of the tuile batter onto a silpat. Bake at 380° f./ 193° c. Between 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and place onto a cutting board. Cut into rectangular shapes for the plated desserts.
Click here for a full step-by-step PDF with photos