- Invert onto sugared parchment to cool.
- Whip the whites and cream of tartar to medium stiff peaks, adding the granulated sugar slowly.
- Fold in the 10x sugar and coconut.
- Using a plain tip, pipe the mixture into discs slightly smaller in diameter than the entremet rings.
- Bake at 200°F / 93°C until crisp and light golden brown.
- Sift together the almond meal, sugar and flour.
- Add egg whites and mix until smooth.
- Add the melted butter and lime flavor paste.
- Bake at 375°F / approx 15 min until golden brown.
- Bloom the gelatin.
- Heat the dairy, half the sugar and vanilla in a small pan.
- Whisk the sugar and yolks together in a small bowl.
- Temper the hot liquid into the yolk mixture and return to the heat until nappe consistency.
- Add the bloomed gelatin, lemon puree and rum flavor paste. Emulsify and strain.
- Pour into molds and freeze.
Coconut-White Chocolate Mousse
- Whip cream to soft peaks and reserve cold.
- Melt the nevado white chocolate and reserve warm.
- Bloom gelatin in cold water
- Prepare a sabayon with the eggs, yolks and sugar; whisking over a water bath until thick ribbon consistency. Remove from heat and whip until slightly warmer than room temp.
- Melt the gelatin/water mixture with the coconut flavor paste.
- To combine ingredients:
- Whisk the gelatin mixture into the sabayon
- Whisk the chocolate into the sabayon
- Whisk in 1/3 of the whipped cream
- Fold in the remaining 2/3 whipped cream
White Chocolate Glacage
- Bloom gelatin with 38g cold water
- Heat milk, cream, glucose and vanilla flavor paste
- Add the bloomed gelatin/water mixture
- Pour over the chocolate
- Emulsify and strain
- *cool to 100 - 104° / apply to frozen entremets
- **color and/or whitening agents may be added**
- Sift the almond flour and 10x sugar together.
- Add the first egg whites to create a smooth paste. Add coloring.
- Make a 240°F italian meringue with the sugar, water and remaining whites.
- Fold the meringue into the almond mixture in three stages.
- Pipe onto silicone baking sheets and allow to rest for 45 min.
- Bake at 275°F convection / approx 14-16 min.
- Place a disc of Coconut Japonaise, Lime Financier and frozen Rum-Citrus Cremeaux inside 8" x 2" rings.
- Prepare the Nevado Chocolate Mousse and fill the entremet ring to the top using a piping bag and freeze.
- Apply the White Chocolate Glacage to a frozen entremets at 100° - 104°F.
- Decorate using tempered Luker Nevado White Chocolate LUK W207, to apply a chocolate wrap, stylized decorations and French Macarons.