Misterio 58% Chocolate Coconut Budino
- In a small sauce pot, heat the water and coconut milk.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients; the sugar, corn starch, the cocoa powder, and the salt. Dissolve the dry ingredients with about a quarter of the hot mixture, whisking it into a smooth consistency. Add in the remaining hot mixture. Once mixed thoroughly, slowly add in the egg yolks one at a time and blend well with a hand whisk.
- Place the milk and cream into another small sauce pot. On a low heat, bring to a boil.
- Add a third of the boiling milk and cream to the coconut milk and cocoa mixture. Mix it to a smooth consistency, before adding it into the sauce pot with the remaining milk and cream. Using a rubber spatula, stirring constantly, cook until 175°F to 180°F and thicken.
- Pour through a sieve, over a bowl containing the lukers "misterio 58%" chocolate and the pure vanilla extract. Allow the hot liquids to disolve the chocolate solids for a few minutes, before mixing with a spatula.
- Pour into the desired vessel, placing a plastic wrap onto the opening. This will prevent a
Skin to form onto the surface. Place it into refrigeration for at least 4 hours or until set.
- Combine the first three ingredients and mix together. Add in the eggs, the heavy cream, and the melted butter. Mix well and chill (for a short while) till the mixture becomes a firm consistency.
- Using a pastry bag with a half inch plain round pastry tip, pipe small 1/2" rounds onto a silicone baking mat. This dough will be covered with a piece of parchment paper
Or a baking foil and flattened by a flat surface object, so it has to be spaced according to the size preference. Place the entire sheet into the freezer for a 10 minutes. Chilling the prepared batter will enable the top silicone sheet to be removed cleaner from the tuile batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven set at 330° f. Bake to a light golden brown coloration or for 12 minutes. Cool it thoroughly, before placing it into an air tight container.
- Chill the mixing bowl and the whisk.
- Whisk the heavy cream to a soft peak. Sift the confectionery sugar and fold into the cream. Add in the vanilla. The cream should be at a medium peak as a finish product.