*Citric Acid Solution
- Combine 4.00 ounces of hot distilled water mixed with 4.00 ounces of citric acid crystals.
- Boil water in a microwavable safe container.
- Mix the solution with a rubber spatula.
- Once dissolved, store in a clean plastic container with cover.
Mango And Passion Fruit Pate De Fruit
- Combine the mango and passion fruit puree in a sauce pot. Stir continuously over a medium heat, until the mixture boils.
- Combine the granulated sugar and the apple pectin. Blend well before slowly adding it into the hot puree mixture. Stirring continuously until dissolved.
- Mix in the granulated sugar and the glucose. Boil mixture and cook to 106°C / 223°F.
- Add the citric acid. Mix well, for only a short time. Immediately pour into the 1/8" bar frames lined with a silicone sheet with a template drawing 12.5" x 8.5" , with a line through the middle of the 12.5". Spread and level, before covering the surface with a silicone sheet. Level by using a rolling pin, roll onto the two 1/8" bars. Allow to set before removing the silicone sheet.
Luker Tumaco 65% & Noche 40% Caramel Ganache
- Combine the heavy cream, the vanilla seed and pod in a sauce pot. Bring to a boil, before removing the vanilla pod.
- Pour the hot mixture over both chocolates and glucose in a mixing bowl. Allow the hot cream to melt and dissolve the chocolates for a few minutes.
- Using an rubber spatula, blend the mixture into a ganache. Add in the caramel cream, followed by the butter and the sea salt. Blend well with an immersion blender to a smooth crystalized consistency.
- Pour the ganache into the prepared 12.5" x 8.5"x 1/4 " frame with the already prepared pate de fruit. Spread the ganache evenly and level with the top of the metal frame, used as a guide. Allow to crystalize until set.
- Flip the ganache slab over to pre coat the top surface of the mango and passion pate de fruit with a thin layer of "pate a glacier brune" or tempered chocolate. Once the chocolate has set, turn the ganache over to its upright position with the ganache on the top surface. Cut the ganache in half, using the template guide to handle with ease. Using the "guitar" cutter, cut the slab into squares, using the 22.5 mm x 22.5 mm wire cutting frame.
- Dip each square in the tempered tumaco 65%, using a 2 or 3 prong dipping fork. Mark the top of each palet with a diagonal design, using the fork prong. Decorate with a small piece of cocoa nib to finish.