Moist Chocolate Cupcake
- Sieve together the flour, granulated sugar, salt, and the baking soda. Sieve twice with these products.
- Using the hot water, dissolve the cocoa powder. Cool this mixture down and it will thicken naturally.
- In a medium industrial mixing bowl, combine the buttermilk, the vegetable oil, and the eggs. Whip at high speed for 10 minutes.
- Alternately, add in the dry sifted ingredients and the cocoa mixture slowly while the mixing continues to mix.
- Scrape down the bowl twice during this mixing process.
- When the mixing is completed, cover the bowl with a plastic sheet and set aside for an hour.
- Portion each cake pan or sheet three-quarter filled.
- Bake 180°C, a 22 cm round cake will bake for 45 to 55 minutes. For cupcakes, depending on its size, the regular liner takes at least 20 minutes to bake at 176°C.
Dark Chocolate Tumaco 65% & Sour Cream Icing
- Whip the butter till creamed.
- Add in the caramel cream and the melted chocolate.
- Add the vanilla and blend well. Immediately add in the sifted powdered sugar in 3 stages, alternating the sour cream.
- Scrape down the mixing bowl to assure an even blend.
- Top cupcakes and decorate.