Flourless Chocolate Biscuit
- Prepare a medium-stiff meringue with the egg whites, sugar and salt.
- Slowly add the egg yolks to the meringue while continuing to mix.
- Gradually add the sifted cocoa and mix until smooth.
- Spread onto a prepared full sheet pan.
- Bake at 375°f for 12-14 minutes.
- Flourless chocolate biscuit may be stored frozen or refrigerated wrapped well.
- Melt luker noche 40% milk chocolate
- Combine with hazelnut praline and Royaltine
- Spread into discs slightly smaller than the intended ring mold
- Chill crispy bases until set
Irish Cream Ganache
- Melt the luker nevado white chocolate
- Warm the heavy cream
- Add the irish cream flavor paste and combine with the chocolate until smooth
- Pour into disc-flexi molds and freeze solid over night - for best results, unmold from frozen solid and keep frozen until final entremets assembly
- Whip the cream and 6x sugar to very soft peaks
- Bloom the gelatin sheet in cold water
- Melt the gelatin and combine with vodka and mocha flavor paste
- Temper a small amount of cream into the gelatin and combine quickly
- Adjust the consistency with a whisk to medium stiff peaks
- Spread into a flexi-disc mold and freeze over night
- Spray with chocolate for velvet texture - for best results, spray the frozen disc on a small cake board and keep frozen until final assembly
Mudslide Chocolate Mousse
- Melt the tumaco 65%.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks.
- Prepare a heated sabayon with the eggs, yolks & sugar; whip until cooled to room tempurature.
- Bloom and melt the gelatin leaves with the madagascar vanilla extract.
- To assemble the mousse:
- Quickly whisk the gelatin into the sabayon.
- Quickly whisk in the melted chocolate.
- Fold in the whipped cream using a whisk in thirds.
- Mix together quickly to avoid chocolate or gelatin lumps.
- Bloom gelatin in 150 g cold water.
- Boil cream, sugar & 122 g water to 217°f.
- Whisk in cocoa powder.
- Emulsify and strain.
- For best results, cool to 100-102°f to glaze over frozen entremets.